Everything African

Easiest Countries to Get a Work Visa As an African

If you are an African and you wish to relocate and start working right away, you will need to apply for a work visa. The process itself can be challenging, however some countries issue visas much easier than others. A work visa allows you to live and work in a country other than your own. Additionally, there are multiple different types of work visas that you can apply for depending on your situation.

What is the Easiest Country to Get a Work Visa?

Here is the list of the easiest countries to get a work visa:


Estonia is known for its high rate of accepted work visa applications, making it the easiest country to obtain a work visa. On the other hand, it receives a relatively small number of requests compared to other countries. Therefore, Estonia might be your best choice for working abroad. Applying for a D visa is beneficial if you wish to work on a short-term project, and also if you want to start working as soon as possible and you will apply for a residence permit once you are in Estonia.

New job opportunities are posted every day and you can find them on Work in Estonia webpage.


Lithuania is one of the most attractive countries for immigrant workers. In order to move and work in Lithuania, you must first obtain a job offer from an employer in the country. After you have successfully submitted all the relevant documents to your employer, they will, then, be in charge of submitting the work permit application to the Lithuanian Labor Exchange. The Labour Exchange issues the work permit. Additionally, there is a chance for non-EU citizens to work in Lithuania without a permit. If the job demands high-level professional qualifications, the employee can obtain a decision on compliance with labor market needs. If you are approved under this decision, you must, then, apply for a temporary residence permit instead of a National visa (D) or a Lithuania Work Visa.


Ideally located between Europe and North America, Iceland is not only one of the most breathtaking places, but it is also known for having a healthy work-life balance. The average Icelandic workweek is 40 hours and is very flexible. As a result, the country attracts thousands of foreigners who are looking to relocate and work abroad. All that you need to do is secure a contract before applying for a visa. There are multiple different work permits that you can apply for. These are some of the most common:

  • Temporary Work Permit For a Job that Requires Expert Knowledge
  • Temporary Work Permits Due to Labour Shortages
  • Temporary Work Permits For Athletes
  • Temporary permit based on family reunion
  • Temporary work permits for students
  • Temporary Work Permit for Specialized Employees Based on a Service Contract
  • Temporary Work Permits Granted for Special Reasons.


Foreign nationals who wish to work in Latvia can do so by obtaining a residence permit, type D visa, and a work permit. This, though, doesn’t apply to shareholders in Latvian companies, foreign nationals who have a permanent residence permit, and managers of foreign companies who represent a Latvian firm in the country. EU nationals do not need a permit to work in Latvia. However, they still need to apply for a residence permit to stay longer than 90 days. Latvian work permit types are:

  • A Type – which is issued if you are looking to work for a Latvian employer.
  • C and E type – which is issued if you are being transferred to Latvia through an intra-company transfer.
  • D type – which is issued if you are a foreign businessman and are looking to visit Latvia for a meeting.
  • Seasonal Work Visa – is issued if you will be in Latvia for a specific period of time, i.e. for tourism or agricultural purposes.


Slovakia’s transition to a market economy and the likelihood of a 3.4% economic increase in 2023, makes Slovakia one of the most attractive countries for job seekers. To work in Slovakia, in general, you must obtain a single permit to reside and work; a work permit and a temporary residence for the purpose of employment; a temporary residence for the purpose of family reunification and within the first 12 months also a work permit; a temporary residence of a third-country national who has the status of a person with long-term residence in another Member State and within the first 12 months also a work permit.

Types of Slovakia work visas include the following:

  • Slovakia Single Permit. You must apply only for temporary residence for the purpose of employment and you do not need to apply for a work permit. Additionally, to be able to work in Slovakia with a single permit your future employer must report a job vacancy to the competent Office of Labour. They should do this 20 days before you apply for temporary residence.
  • Work Permit. A work permit is issued to foreign nationals who have obtained a temporary residence permit for the purpose of family reunification etc, and wish to work in the country. Your future employer needs to report the vacancy to the competent Office of Labour.
  • Seasonal employment. Seasonal employment is a temporary work permit, which is issued if your activity won’t exceed more than 180 days in a year. Different rules, then, apply to those who need a Schengen visa to enter Slovakia or not.
  • EU Blue Card. This type of permit is issued to highly skilled professionals who meet the basic requirements.


Getting a work visa in Luxembourg is relatively easy, and the country offers a number of options from short-term to long-term. Although it’s a small European country, Luxembourg has had the highest minimum wage and the lowest unemployment rate in Europe for the past 40 years.

Visa types are the following:

  • Short-stay Schengen Visa (c) which is generally issued for business purposes. If you are looking to take part in a conference, meeting, or other business activities then a short-stay visa is ideal.
  • Long-stay National Visa (D) is designed for foreign nations who wish to work for longer than 90 days, i.e. specifically salaried, self-employed, or highly-skilled people.
  • EU Blue Card is designed for foreign nationals who are highly skilled and qualified and meet the basic requirements and will be working longer than 12 months.


The Czech Republic is an attractive location for job seekers as well as international businesses because of its location and growing economy. The workforce is highly skilled and educated. Therefore, it appeals to foreign nationals who wish to work abroad.

Work visa types include the following:

  • Employee Card is issued to specific employers for a specific job position. It is issued for two years and may be extended.
  • EU Blue Card is a residence and work permit for university graduates (bachelor’s or higher).
  • Intra-Company Employee Transfer Card is for managers, specialists, or trainees who will be internally transferred from a company outside the EU for a period of 3 months to 3 years.
  • Business Visa – type D. The Long-term visa for the purpose of business is intended for citizens of third countries who intend to run a business in the Czech Republic, operate a trade, be a self-employed person, etc.
  • Foreigners with free access to the labour market. Some foreigners may have free access to the labour market (e.g. family members of Blue Card holders, foreigners with permanent residency, or some international students).


Germany’s workforce is comprised of 42 million people which makes it the largest pool of skilled labor in Europe. Moreover, its job market is multicultural and multilingual. Germany is always welcoming immigrant workers and has recently launched what is called a new ‘opportunity card’ (“chancen karte” in German). The opportunity card makes it possible for foreign nationals to go to Germany and look for work even if they do not have a job offer. You can apply for a Long-Stay Visa in Germany and work for the following:

  • If you already have a job offer in Germany.
  • Self-employment. If you wish to establish a business in Germany or work as a freelancer.
  • Working as a Freelancer. Freelancing is also a type of self-employment.
  • If you will be looking for a job once you are in Germany.
  • Working as an Au Pair. Issued to young adults who wish to learn more about German culture and language.
  • Working Holiday Visa. Issued to young people whose countries have signed a Working Holiday Visa agreement with Germany.
Please Share

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

TheAfricanMedia © 2024 Frontier Theme